C) PROCEDURE FOR THE ATTESTATION OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES
1. Procure your Certificate of Marriage from the Church in which your nuptials were solemnised.
2. Bring your certificates to be attested first at the Bishop's House, Barampur, Vasai Road West Ph Nos: 022 - 22021093/1193/1293
Timings: Monday to Friday 9.30 a.m. - 1.00 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturdays between 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
3. This marriage certificate is then to be attested by THE PUBLIC NOTARY. You could contact any public notary available at the courts or MR. N. J. D'MONTE, Advocate & Notary (Cell: 9820068642). He sits at the City Civil Court, near Kalaghoda - Mon - Friday 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
4. After this get it stamped by the MARRIAGE REGISTRAR at the MANTRALAYA - His name is MR. RAMESH FRANCIS D'SOUZA, Officer on Special Duty, Finance Dept. 3rd Floor, Rm. No. 340, Mantralaya (Main) Mumbai 32 ( Mob No. 9323587457) between 2.00 p.m. and 5.00 p.m. Please carry valid ID proof to enter the Mantralaya.
5. Finally get it stamped by the HOME DEPT, which is opp. Mantralaya (New Administrative Wing) on the 9th floor between 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Once this is done, this Certificate could be used in lieu of the CIVIL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE anywhere in the world.
Courtesy Archdiocese of Bombay Catholic Communication Centre